Family is where it is!!!!!

Family is where it is!!!!!
Christmas in Disney
Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if there are topics I should be spouting                                   off on.  

Remember that "Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly,                love fully and laugh uncontrollably....."

                      ------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Intelligent Design

Having worked on a college campus for some 40 years, I obviously have been exposed to and a been a part of evolutionary/scientific thought. Having been a Christian my entire life and an ordained elder in the Presbyterian Church for decades, I am also a believer. I bridge these two seemingly contradictions by a personal belief in Intelligent Design.

My thoughts then are as follows.

As an educated individual with some science background ( I am not a scientist), I am convinced that evolution is for real and that the world is millions of years old--not 2000 years old as our bible states.

Having said that, I can not believe that the complexity of evolution, the beauty of the world, the beauty and process of human birth happened as an accident. The science principles that the world functions within occurred because a supreme being made it all possible.

I choose to believe that the God we Christians believe in is that supreme being.

Sermon over. Have at me.

No comments: