Family is where it is!!!!!

Family is where it is!!!!!
Christmas in Disney
Thanks for stopping by. Let me know if there are topics I should be spouting                                   off on.  

Remember that "Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly,                love fully and laugh uncontrollably....."

                      ------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 16, 2009

Prayer and ice cream

Even if you are not a believer in prayer, read this. It will make your day.


> Last week, I took my children to a restaurant.
>
> My six-year-old son asked if he could say grace.
>
> As we bowed our heads he said, 'God is good, God is great.
Thank you for
> the food, and I would even thank you more if Mom gets us ice
cream for
> dessert. And Liberty and justice for all! Amen!'
>
> Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I
heard a woman
> remark, 'That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today
don't even
> know how to pray. Asking God for ice cream! Why, I never!'
>
> Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, 'Did I do
it wrong?
> Is God mad at me?'
>
> As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job,
and God
> was certainly not mad at him, an elderly gentleman approached
the table.
>
> He winked at my son and said, 'I happen to know that God
thought that was
> a great prayer.'
>
> 'Really?' my son asked.
>
> 'Cross my heart,' the man replied.
>
> Then, in a theatrical whisper, he added (indicating the woman
whose
> remark had started this whole thing), 'Too bad she never asks
God for ice
> cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes.'
> Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal.
My son
> stared at his for a moment, and then did something I will
remember the
> rest of my life.
>
> He picked up his sundae and, without a word, walked over and
placed it in
> front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, 'Here, this
is for you.
> Ice cream is good for the soul sometimes; and my soul is good
already.'
>

No comments: